Mark E. Peterson firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael G. Ajjan, CPA email@example.com
Director of Communications/Operations
Martin D. Emeno, Jr. firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Central Operations
Joseph Faust email@example.com
Tournament Operations Assistant
Jason Funderburg firstname.lastname@example.org
Player Development Director
Taylor Hollander email@example.com
Director of J. Wood Platt
Caddie Scholarship Trust
Brad Kane firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager of GHIN Technical Support
Steve Latos email@example.com
Director of Northeast Operations
Patrick Lloyd firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Member Services
Mario Machi email@example.com
Director of Course Rating
John Manos firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Competitions
Kirby V. Martin email@example.com
J. Wood Platt Director of Development
Lindsay Myers firstname.lastname@example.org
Justin Reasy email@example.com
Assistant Director of Communications
Tony Regina firstname.lastname@example.org
Christopher A. Roselle email@example.com
Assistant Director of Communications
Dan Scofield firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of Communications Committee
T. Quinn Spitzer, President
Oscar Mestre, Vice President
Edward P. Hutchinson, Chairman
Jules J. Quinones
HE GAP CHAMPIONSHIP COMMITTEE reviews the specifics of each
New for 2019
tournament at the conclusion of the season. From that meeting, changes to
policies and procedures are discussed. These changes are voted upon and/or
tabled for later discussion. The Championship Committee is comprised of Executive
Committee members, staff and at-large individuals from the GAP community.
• The age limit for the Father & Son (Younger) has been raised to 19 years old or under. Previously,
the age of the son was 18 years old or under.
• The age eligibility for both the Tee It Forward - Spring Net Championship and Tee It Forward
- Fall Net Championship was raised from 18 years old to 19 years old.
• Eligibility for Parent/Child League events has been modified. These events will now be called
Adult/Child League events and open to teams with an adult and a child.
• There will no longer be a playoff to determine the champions of the Senior 27-Hole Challenge in either division: Senior or Super Senior. Any ties for first place will result in multiple
• In Junior team events, a parent or relative, 19 years of age or older, may not caddie for any
member of the side. Parents or relatives, 19 years of age or older, are also not permitted to
caddie within any group containing their child/relative.
• The Mason-Dixon Matches, the annual contest between GAP and Middle Atlantic Golf Association, will become a biennial event. The 2019 Matches are set for Oct. 12-13 at Metedeconk
National Golf Club. The next Matches will be scheduled for 2021.
• The Association WILL implement the local rule for a ball lost or out of bounds for the listed events:
Caddie Tournament; Chapman Cup (Net); Member Play Days (all); Tee It Forward - Fall Net
Championship; Tee It Forward - Spring Net Championship; Volunteers Day; Warner Cup (Net).
“When a player’s ball has not been found or is known or virtually certain to be out of bounds, the player
may proceed as follows rather than proceeding under stroke and distance. For two penalty strokes, the
player may take relief by dropping the original ball or another ball in this relief area, per Rule 14. 3.”
2019 tournament changes announced
GAP and “Inside Golf” will once again partner in 2019. “Inside Golf,”
the longtime running weekly magazine-style television show, is seen on
NBC Sports Philadelphia and The Comcast Network. The GAP segment
of the show will continue to highlight the people, places and services of
the oldest state/regional golf association in the country with Martin D.
Emeno, Jr., the Association’s Director of Operations, serving as the talent.
The age limit for the
Father & Son (Younger)
has been raised to 19.